Feeling bad your dog never had a playmate in the house? A number of my customers have asked if I thought they should add another dog. My answer is always maybe.
You may have a dog that loves the dog park and everyone there. Does that mean you should get another dog?
Your dog may love the park and she may even love dogs coming to the house to play. This doesn't always mean moving one in is a great idea. Some of the little things to think about before bringing a new dog home.
- Does your dog sleep with you? Will the new dog as well?
- How is your dog with toys? They may share at the park but be possesive at home.
- What is the energy level of your dog? How about the new dog?
- How long has your dog been an only dog?
- How old is your dog? Older dogs can get stressed by a new sibling.